- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 TBSP wheat germ
- 1/2 TBSP ground flax seed
- A little more than 2/3 cup water (or as much as you like)
- 20g freeze-dried apple slices (I didn’t measure with a measuring cup, but my guess is that it was about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 scoop cake batter/vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 TBSP PB, separated
- Optional: Sweetener, to taste
Bring water to boil, remove from heat, and add oats and wheatgerm. Stir in flax seed and add 3/4 of the apple slices. Cover and let cook for a few minutes while you get/measure the other ingredients.
Freeze-dried apples softening in the pot.
Hanging out with the oats.
Once the oatmeal is cooked, stir in the protein powder.
Next, stir in the cinnamon, vanilla, optional sweetener and 1/2 TBSP peanut butter.
Spoon into serving bowl, place remaining 1/2 TBSP peanut butter on top, and sprinkle remaining 1/4 apple slices on the top. Finish off with a shake of cinnamon and enjoy!