Kelsey’s Carrot Cake Bites
- 5 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- About 8 average-sized dates (adjust as needed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- allspice (or use pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- optional: 1-2 TBSP coconut butter
- optional: 1 TBSP raisins
- optional: 1-2 TBSP shredded coconut
Shred carrots in a food processor till they’re in small, fine pieces. Add the almonds and cashews and pulse to combine with carrots. Next, chop the dates into smaller pieces and add them to the food processor, along with the vanilla and all the spices. Pulse to combine till the mixture is a sort of “dough.” Add the optional coconut butter, coconut shreds and raisins, then pulse once more. Remove the dough from the processor and form into balls, bars, shapes—whatever you like!
- Replace some or all of the nuts with walnuts for a more authentic Carrot Cake Bite.
- Add crushed pineapple pieces or dried pineapple (dried would probably work best).
- Roll them in shredded coconut and take them to a party!
- Double or triple the recipe and make it into a full-size raw carrot cake. Frost with coconut butter or a Tofutti Cream Cheese frosting. (Just Google search one.)