Black and Bleu Burger Sandwich
- 1 can black beans
- Whatever seasonings you like (cumin, garlic, salt, etc.)
- 1 whole wheat sandwich thin (or two pieces of whole wheat bread)
- 2 TSP hummus (I used spinach artichoke)
- Avocado, to your taste
- Crumbled low-fat bleu cheese
- And of course, you can’t forget that sprig of cilantro
It goes like this:
- Drain and rinse a can of black beans. Season them to your liking with cumin, Mrs. Dash, garlic, chili pepper, sea salt, whatever. Put them on the stove and warm them up over med/low. It may help to add some water so they don’t dry out.
- Meanwhile, put the two halves of a whole wheat sandwich thin (or bread, or a bagel, or whatever you want) into the toaster. I didn’t really want mine heavily toasted, so I used it more to warm the halves.
- Spread a TSP of hummus (or more if you like) and some avocado (as much or as little as you want) on each sandwich halve/piece of bread.
- Top with the black beans, a sprinkle of bleu cheese and that dandy little cilantro sprig.