Happy Almost-A-Week-Late Easter!
I considered just skipping this post (I have a whole bunch lined up that I need to write) but I really wanted to tell you about the Carrot Cake Pancakes I made for Easter.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
(Adapted from this recipe)
- 1/2 + 1/8 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or allspice
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/6 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup water (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup finely grated carrots (I pulverized them in my Vita-Mix)
- In a bowl, combine flour, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, sucanat, water/milk, and carrots; mix well.
- Stir carrot mixture into dry ingredients until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on the top of pancake; flip and cook until golden brown.
They were super good! I really, really enjoyed the pancakes and they made a really yummy Easter brunch. 🙂
What I did with my (frozen, then toasted) leftovers…
Topped with Earth Balance spread and Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate.
Gotta run, so I’ll post a better, more in-depth post shortly. 🙂
Thanks for reading!